Monday, April 18, 2011

I Must Stop Making Dresses, Help!

Georgia and I FINALLY found some girlie-spring time puppy dog fabric.
Along with a great McCall's 403 pattern for .99$.
I was thinking Easter, but I sized up to a 5, and I think it's a smidge too big.
OH!, and I sewed the bodice piece upside down, the puppy dog's look like they croaked, hence the sash.


I LOVE the back on this dress.



This dress sat quietly all weekend waiting for me to hem it, teasing me and tempting me to ignore my family and come finish it. I didn't give in though! Rocky left for work Monday afternoon, I put the kids down for a nap, and raced to the garage to finish it.  So naturally, when Georgia woke up from her nap, I was eager to throw the dress on her. She was into the idea (she was really excited about this dress too - inspired by puppy dogs) for about 2 minutes. I walked away to get my camera, and I was met with tears. I don't know what happened, she is 2? I snapped a photo anyway...


All of this sewing, really makes me want to sew some clothes for myself. I'm not much of a dress/skirt fan, and denim is not my friend on my cheapy machine. We'll see!

Happy Monday!

Don't forget to follow via Google Friend Connect located on the sidebar.
Or find me on Facebook @ Mommy Needs An Aspirin

1 comment:

  1. I need to see the print close up but I think this dress is my fav so far! I am TOTALLY a dress/skirt (and even ruffly flowery and super girly or little girly) type girl so I am extra jealous :) But who knows maybe if you make one for yourself you'll love it and suddenly be a girly girl like me. I hate pants and shorts. I only wear them when its too cold or I am too pregnant and have nothing else LOL! Good job on the dress AND on ignoring it for a while to give the family some attention :)

    ReplyDelete