Monday, March 21, 2011

Soft Oatmeal Cookies, No Raisins

Soft Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips AND peanut butter chips all in one!

Whoever said you had to have raisins in your oatmeal cookies?! If you like them, add them! Otherwise, this cookie is great alone, or you can add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even apples!

Preheat oven to 350 F

1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
3 cups quick/instant cooking oats

Mix butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mix. Add oats. Add any additional mix-ins (chocolate chips).

Place a spoonful of dough on baking sheets. Bake 8-10min. Remove when edges begin to brown. Let sit for 2 minutes on baking sheets before removing to cooling racks.

TIPS!
Refrigerate dough overnight.
I mix my butter and sugars, then add my vanilla and eggs all at once. Then I add my flour, and baking soda right on top of the wet mixture. I don't separate ingredients because I haven't found a difference in doing so.

Don't forget to follow via Google Friend Connect located on the sidebar.
Or find me on Facebook @ Mommy Needs An Aspirin.

No comments:

Post a Comment